Re: File Corruption with shards - 100% reproducable

On 19/11/15 14:49, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
I wanted to ask you one more thing: specifically in VM workload with sharding, do you run into consistency issues with strict-write-ordering being off? I remember suggesting that this option be enabled. But that was for plain dd on the mountpoint (and not inside the vm), where it was necessary.
I want to know if it is *really* necessary in VM workloads.

Hi Krutika, sorry for the delay, have been head down with work and sick doggies :(

No I didn't need strict-write-ordering off/on, the VM's were fine. It was only stat-prefetch that needed to be off.

One caveat - I started testing with 3.7.5, then upgraded to 3.7.6, but didn't upgrade the op-version (always forget that).

Once I set the op version to 3.7.6 sharded volumes started reporting correct file sizes (for new files) even with strict-write-ordering off. However disk usage was still out by a lot.