Re: building bricks in AWS off an EBS snapshot

On Tuesday 20 October 2015 01:41 AM, Mayzel, Eugene wrote:
Hello,

If anyone could help me with a strange issue I am experiencing:

I run an EC2 stack, say v1, that has a gluster with three one brick
nodes in the replication mode.

I make an ebs volume level snapshot of one of the bricks (not the
gluster level snapshot)

Now I want to spin a new EC2 stack, v2, using that single snapshot from
v1 to build all three bricks in v2.

Ebs volumes are successfully built, and can see that all data is there,
on all three bricks, I clean the bricks using the setfattr and rem
./glusterfs routine,

Are you referring to <brick-path>/.glusterfs here? If yes, any reason why that is being cleaned up?

Regards,
Vijay