Re: Geo-rep failing initial sync

Thanks Saravana, that is starting to make sense. The change_detector was already set to changelog (automatically). I updated it to xsync and the volume successfully replicated to the remote volume, however I then deleted all the data from the master and have not seen those changes replicated yet even after pausing, resuming, stopping and starting the geo-rep session.

I think somehow it prematurely switched to CHANGELOG mode before the initial sync had completed.

We have 6 identical servers across 3 sites. The 2 at site A are one stripe, mirrored to site B, and those 4 servers are all in the same logical network; but we also want the data to be replicated to site C, 1000km away, where our developers can access it read-only.

We chose a Stripe volume to distribute the I/O load and to increase the available capacity for bricks at each site, as each server has only one nVME disk in it.

Regards,
Wade.