Re: [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs as a root file system on the same node

is anyone has any thoughts on this?

Sateesh

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM, satish kondapalli <nitw.satish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I want to mount  gluster volume as a root file system for my node.

Node will boot from network( only kernel and initrd images) but my root file system has to be one of the gluster volume ( bricks of the volume are on the disks which are attached to the same node).  Gluster configuration files also part of the root file system.

Here i am facing chicken and egg problem.  Initially i thought to keep glusterfs libs, binary in the initrd and start the gluster server as part of initrd execution. But for mounting root file system (which is a gluster volume), all the gluster configuration files are stored in the root file system. My assumption is, without gluster configuration files(/var/lib/glusterd/xx) gluster will not find any volumes.

Can someone help me on this?

Sateesh