Re: Gluster on ZFS with Compression

On 1 October 2015 at 01:38, Tom Pepper <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you can stomach a small recovery window, I'd instead suggest vanilla NFS, snapshots, and zfs send/receive to keep a nearline replica.  You'll have much higher sequential I/O if so.

You mean not use glusters/ceph at all? a pure zfs solution? I have considered a setup like that, it has its advantages and we could wear the recovery window. But it does require manual maintenance and switch over when a node goes down as opposed to the automation of gluster. But the performance is very good.

LACP will also restrict single socket performance to 1Gbps, but multi socket can exceed of course.

Its a PITA that when dealing with two/three nodes setups :(

thanks.

--
Lindsay