Hi new to Gluster

Hi all,
We have a product which is written in c++ on Red hat.
In production our customers using our product with Veritas cluster file system for HA and as sharded storage(EMC).
Initially this product was run on only single node. In our last release we make it Scalable(more than one nodes).
Due to excessive locking(CFS) we are not getting the performance.
Can you please suggest Gluster will resolve our problem as it is distributed file system.
is Gluster POSIX complined?
Can we use it in Production? Pls suggest.
If any other file system please suggest.
Regards
Tarkeshwar