Re: oVirt replacement?

Thanks. Seems like just about everything open source is using Ansible for deployment.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Sachidananda URS <surs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Ryan Nix <ryan.nix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At the Redhat conference in June one of the lead developers mentioned Gluster would be getting a new GUI management tool to replace oVirt. Has there been any formal announcement on this?

Currently we have gdeploy which is a CLI for deployment and management of Gluster clusters.
This is an ansible based tool, which can be used to:

* Set up backend bricks.
* Create volume.
* Mount the clients and bunch of other things.

The project is hosted at:

I suggest using 1.0 branch, master is unstable and work in progress.

The tool is very easy to use. It relies on configuration files. Writing a configuration file is explained
in the example configuration file:

A more detailed explanation of the fields can be found at:

`gdeploy --help' will print out help message on the usage.

Please let us know if you have any questions. It would be much awesome if you can send us
pull requests.

-sac