Noob glusterfs question re bricks on shared storage

Hoping someone can help.

If I have a brick that was created on shared storage (dual-host jbod, for example), and the node on which that brick was created/mounted goes down, can I "transparently" mount the brick from another node and have things behave the same (i.e glusterfs recognizes the brick as being the same regardless of which nodes it joins the quorum)?

If so, what would I need to do to enable that behavior?

thanks,
-john c.