Need help making a decision choosing MS DFS or Gluster+SAMBA+CTDB

Hi,

I need some help in making this call choosing between the two.
I have no experience with MS DFS or with Windows server OS as a file server.

There are some developers that pushing the DFS direction, mostly because the applications that will use it and access will be from Microsoft using CIFS.

Now I know that most serious storage, NAS and SAN vendors work with Linux or Unix based because of performance and flexibility, and I'm afraid that DFS will just won't carry the expected load.

Does anyone has experience with it?
Can some tell what are the PROS and CONS of each that can help us to make a call?

Many thanks,
David