Re: Request for information

Hello,

If these 4 virtual drives are then put together to get one big volume, it will goes as the slower one.
I would put the LSI to 64K to get same size everywhere anyway, even if it's transparent/hidden from an OS perspective

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr

Dear all,

Because I’m currently reconstructing all my GlusterFS volumes, I just noticed that all of my RAID virtual drives did not necessarily have the same stripe size and I wonder whether it would be better to reconstruct/rebuild these virtual drives with the same stripe size ... What do you recommend ?

Actually, 2 virtual drives of 4 have a stripe size set to 64KB (Dell Perc H8xx RAID controller default settings) and the 2 left are set to 256KB (LSI MegaRAID 9286-8e default settings). With iozone tests, i notice Dell Perc VD have better results than LSI ones. (~1.3-4GBs vs ~1.2GBs) and I wonder if these parameters are not in cause...

It’s very urgent for me to know what i have to do because I need to reconstruct and set all my volumes and back transfert roughly 40TBs in distributed and replicated volumes as quickly as possible…

Thanks by advance,
Geoffrey
Geoffrey Letessier
Responsable informatique & ingénieur système
UPR 9080 - CNRS - Laboratoire de Biochimie Théorique
Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
13, rue Pierre et Marie Curie - 75005 Paris
Tel: 01 58 41 50 93 - eMail: geoffrey.letessier@xxxxxxx