Ubuntu 14.04 LTS kernel upgrade has bricked my Gluster brick.

Hi everyone.

Today I did the latest security updates for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and after rebooting my failover/testing node for the new kernel version (3.13.0-55.62), the server no longer boots with the following message:

The disk drive for /brick1 is not ready yet or not present.
keys:Continue to wait, or Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

If I manage to skip the mounting, I can complete the boot process, but I still can't mount brick1 from fstab. So gluster doesn't work on this node at all. The first, primary node is still up, waiting for that fateful reboot that will break everything that needs our gluster share.

What do I do from here?