newbie quick question

Hi, this is my first attempt at Gluster storage.

Just a quick help me get started question – the bare metal page yields a “not found” on the web site so…

I have two dell 2950s fully populated with 5 x 300GB 10K disks.

I want to get as much storage out of these as possible.

I have two more dell 2950s each with 4 x 146GB 10K disks.

Should I build one RAID 5 container on the first two servers, load up CentOS7 and then Gluster on that?  using the unused partition of what is left after loading CentOS?

Or should I be looking at moving physical disks around and putting the smaller 146 GB disks as RAID 1 in each of the 4 servers for OS and distributing the 300GB disks amoung all the servers and maybe pick some more up on Ebay to get all 4 servers identical?

Would appreciate any advice on short notice as I have nothing else to do today for once and would just as soon at least start off on the right foot!

Bill Dossett

Systems Architect

Tech Central – Global Engineering Services

T +1 303 440 3523

M +44 (0)777 590 8612

bill.dossett@xxxxxx

pitneybowes.com

Pitney Bowes

4750 Walnut Street | Boulder, Colorado, 80301 | USA

In Engineering?

Raise a ticket via Remedy Anywhere [HERE] takes less than a minute

CloudForms User Guide available [HERE]