Do i need to configure vol files?

Dear List.

i am very happy with my glusterfs replica 2 so far.

i have two volumes (one 16TB raid5 on each server) devided into 2 8 TB partitions which are used as volumes

I configured some volume options via

gluster volume set ....

the options so far:
performance.cache-size: 34359738368
performance.io-thread-count: 32
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
performance.quick-read: on

Now i read in the internet many posts about editing vol files. do i need to configure my vol files?

i have one volfile under /etc/gluster/glusterd.vol
and for each volume another two (for each server) under /var/lib/glusterd/<volname>/

But in neither volfile i am able to find a translator section of the options that i reconfigured.
Do i need to create this sections manually?

Background:

actually we are driving a 5 node proxmox cluster which uses NFS as storage from a fileserver.

Now we want to replace this setup with a 3 node proxmox cluster, from which 2 machines act as gluster replica 2

All test showed that the new setup is 200% faster than the old one, except a linux DB2 vm, which takes double time to write into database (on insert and delete oprations)

I want to optimize gluster for use of the databases and will now test the quickread option, do you think this will bring any performance?

Thank you

Alex