NFS gluster mount on Windows

Hi,

I’m trying to use Windows Services for NFS to expose a gluster node and access this folder with an Application Pool Identity. I can map the drive correctly and read access works but I can’t get write working.

The procedure I’m using is:

Set the DefaultApplicationPoolIdentity to use user “CustomUser”

Set the following environment variables to 0 (for root)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS \CurrentVersion\Default\AnonymousUid HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS \CurrentVersion\Default\AnonymousGid

Open a cmd with “CustomUser”

mount -o nolock <ip-of-gluster>:/datapoint Z:

SUCCESS

Then the iis application is supposed to write log files out to Z:\ but always fails. I wrote a small test app that stats the folder and I can successfully stat the directory with “CustomUser”. Right click > Properties>NFS Attributes shows RWX for all and the NFS Mount Options shows UID 0 Primary GID 0.

I can’t think of anything else that would be standing in the way. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy.