Re: Isssue with glusterFS on docker

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Manju Nath <manjubs.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

We have installed glusterFS 3.5.1 on a docker container. Container is installed with RHEL7.

We have executed following commands, but after mount if i check the mounted partition we are getting Input/output error.

Can any one please help us what is the reason for this?

gluster peer probe GlusterFSgeo
gluster peer probe GlusterFSprimary
gluster peer probe GlusterFSsecondary

gluster volume create gv-afr replica 3 transport tcp  GlusterFSprimary:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore GlusterFSsecondary:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore GlusterFSgeo:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore/ force

/usr/sbin/gluster volume start gv-afr
mount -t glusterfs $LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS:gv-afr /mnt/glusterfs/

[root@BP kodiak]# ls /mnt/glusterfs/cdr
ls: cannot access /mnt/glusterfs/cdr: Input/output error
[root@BP kodiak]#

I have been able to run gluster in docker before. There might be many reasons why you get IO error.
Most likely is that you do not have a dev/fuse file and mount failed. Looking at the mount log should
give more info.

Here is the command to get the dev fuse file.
mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229

NOTE: You have to do that in a running container in privileged mode.

Here is my github repo having dockerfile and helper scripts.
https://github.com/raghavendra-talur/Gluster-in-Docker

Thanks,
Raghavendra Talur

--