Re: Regarding Samba on 3.6

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Bhakare Ashutosh <bhakareashutosh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi

I am using glusterfs 3.6 while creating a volume
 [gluster-downloadstat]
comment = For samba share of volume downloadstat
vfs objects = glusterfs
glusterfs:volume = downloadstat
glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-downloadstat.%M.log
glusterfs:loglevel = 7
path = /
read _only_ = no
guest ok = yes

the path = / it should be like /downloadstat

When you use vfs objects = glusterfs, you are asking samba to use glusterfs vfs plugin for samba.
glusterfs:volume tells glusterfs plugin what volume to connect to and path here becomes relative
to root of the volume. / here indicates that we intend to share the whole volume.
This is correct.

hence not able to mount the same

There might be some other reason why you are not able to mount the volume.
First, have a look at samba logs, log.smbd OR log.<clientIP/hostname> as per your
settings. Next have a look at   /var/log/samba/glusterfs-downloadstat.%M.log.

If something looks wrong in first set of logs it is either Samba error or config issue
at samba level. If something looks wrong in second set of logs then it is something
wrong with glusterfs or its configuration.

This link gives a good intro into using glusterfs vfs plugin
https://lalatendumohanty.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/using-glusterfs-with-samba-and-samba-vfs-plugin-for-glusterfs-on-fedora-20/

Kind Regards
Ashutosh S.Bhakare
( RHCA-V, EX436, CL210, EX236, EX413, RHC {JA, SS, VA, E, SA }, MCP, CCNA)
Unnati Computers,Aurangabad
Red Hat Authorised Training Partner
http://www.unnatiithub.orghttp://thinclientworld.com
Ph.9822451920,0240-2485766