Re: glusterfsd not starting at boot with Debian 7

On 02/05/2015 04:08 AM, ML mail wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Gluster 3.5.3 on Debian 7 and have one single test volume right now. Unfortunately after a reboot this volume does not get get started automatically: the glusterfsd process for that volume is inexistant although the glusterd process is running.

After a boot running "gluster volume status" shows:
Status of volume: myvol
Gluster process                        Port    Online    Pid
Brick gfs1a:/data/myvol/brick                N/A    N    N/A

Task Status of Volume myvol

There are no active volume tasks

as you can see all N/A there. In order to make it work I have to run "gluster volume stop myvol" and "gluster volume start myvol". Then it is ready and working. What could the problem be? Is the init.d startup srcript on Debian 7 buggy?
If glusterd is starting then there shouldn't be any bug in the init scripts. Could you attach the log file of glusterd? I am not sure where it is stored in debian may be /var/log/glusterfs or /usr/local/var/log/glusterfs it will have glusterd in the name of the file.

Pranith

Best regards
ML