Re: Understanding bricks

On 01/29/2015 07:00 PM, Lars Hanke wrote:
Just a simple question, which I could not find a clear answer to in the
docs:

Would it be possible to host more than one brick in the same file system?

I'd like to create multiple volumes, which shall finally be hosted on
the same RAID. I can of course use LVM to partition the RAID to bricks,
but at least for one storage node, a NAS, I'm not sure, if this is
actually possible. So just having several bricks in the same file system
would be a nice option.

You can have multiple bricks from the same file system. If you intend using volume snapshots, it would be optimal to have different logical volumes and file systems for bricks.

Regards,
Vijay