How to find out about new / current releases?

Hi, all.

I'm curious how we're supposed to find out about new releases. There are several sources, each of which give either no information, or different information.

Let me attempt a list of places I've tried just now in an attempt to find the latest version:

- On GitHub I see there is a v3.6.2 tag[0]
- On Twitter I don't see any release announcements in the @gluster timeline[1]
- The gluster-users mailing list has no announcements for anything beyond 3.6.0 or so (despite users reporting issues, questions, etc with 3.6.1, 3.6.2-beta2, etc)
- The Gluster website doesn't show an obvious latest version[2], but lists 3.6.1 as the latest in the wiki[3]
- The download server has packages for 3.6.2 for at least several distros on the repo[4]

Maybe we should have something on the Gluster homepage like on kernel.org, where they clearly list the stable branches. Also, if someone wrote a blog post on gluster.org, with at least a `git shortlog v3.6.1..v3.6.2`, then all announcements on Twitter, mailing list, IRC channel topic, etc could point to the one blog post.

Regards!

Alan

[0] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/releases
[1] https://twitter.com/gluster