Re: Dovecot and glusterfs

Le 2014-12-23 11:39, Michael Schwartzkopff a écrit :
Am 23.12.2014 11:14 schrieb Volnei Puttini <volnei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

In my experiences, I didn't had success
in active/active configurations.
Several issues happened. I think that
this happened because isn't possible
that both Dovecotes works totally synchronized.

But why? If dovecot uses fcntl() locks everything should be OK. Even
if both Servers write.

Any way to debug the issue further?

Michael.

On 23-12-2014 07:55, André Bauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do you have both dovecot servers active?
> Im not completly sure if this will work.
> Imho you should try an active / passive setup...
>
> Regards
> André
>
> Am 21.12.2014 um 08:34 schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted t test gluster a little bit for the usage in Dovecot
>> Postbox Serves.
>>
>> I set up two servers with a replicated gluster and mounted the
>> bricks via gluster client. On these two nodes I installed dovecot.
>> So I created a high available test szenario.
>>
>> I configured dovecdot to usr maildir format and mainly copied the
>> dovecot options for NFS setup:
>>
>> mail_fsync = always mail_nfs_storage = yes mail_nfs_index = yes
>> mmap_disable = yes
>>
>> Basically that tells dovecot to use fcntl() locks.
>>
>> With the thunderbird IMAP client I accessed te two postboxes on
>> the two node. One client the first dovecot node, the other client
>> the second node. Both used the same user, so did access the same
>> maildir files.
>>
>> First everything looked good, but within ten minutes of creating,
>> moving and deleting mails and folders I produced the following
>> log:
>>
>> node2 dovecot: imap(user1@xxxxxxxxxxx): Error: Corrupted
>> transaction log file /srv/mail/user1@xxxxxxxxxxx/dovecot.index.log
>> seq 3: file_seq=3, min_file_offset (4768) > max_file_offset (3392)
>> (sync_offset=3392)
>>
>> node2 dovecot: imap(user1@xxxxxxxxxxx): Error: Index
>> /srv/mail/user1@xxxxxxxxxxx/dovecot.index: Lost log for seq=3
>> offset=2948
>>
>> node2 dovecot: imap(user1@xxxxxxxxxxx): Warning: fscking index
>> file /srv/mail/user1@xxxxxxxxxxx/dovecot.index
>>
>> The mailbox was not accessible any more and dovecot did not accept
>> any new mails for the user.
>>
>> Any ideas what went wrong? I this a legitimate use case for
>> gluster? Could I prevent this from happening if I restrict oew
>> user access only o one gluster node?
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>>
>> Michael Schwartzkopff

> - --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> André Bauer
>
> MAGIX Software GmbH
> André Bauer
> Administrator
> Postfach 200914
> 01194 Dresden
>
> Tel. Support Deutschland: 0900/1771115 (1,24 Euro/Min.)
> Tel. Support Österreich:  0900/454571 (1,56 Euro/Min.)
> Tel. Support Schweiz:     0900/454571 (1,50 CHF/Min.)
>
> Email: mailto:abauer@xxxxxxxxx
> Web:   http://www.magix.com
>
> Geschäftsführer | Managing Directors: Dr. Arnd Schröder, Michael Keith
> Amtsgericht | Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205
>
> The information in this email is intended only for the addressee named
> above. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
> [...]
Hello,

Using dbox, and fcntl(), we don't have any problems (our infrastructure manage ~ 2 000 000 connections a day).

If you still have problems, you can use http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director

--
Best regards,
Pierre Barre.