Re: Folder disappeared on volume, but exists on bricks.

Indeed, heal only works on replicated volumes, you are correct. Touching production storages it's usually a scary thing I know, but restarting gluster service shouldn't make the situation worse, it actually could help. My recommendation is: look for a proper time and unmount the volumes, then restart gluster services, try to mount the volumes again and look for the missing files. If the files aren't visible from the mounted volumes then, as far as I know, you will need to copy your data again.

Am Mo, 1.12.2014, 16:15 schrieb Juan José Pavlik Salles:
> Have you tried running the heal operation?

No, I have not tried to play around unless I know what I'm doing ;)

I'm trying to find something in the online documentation about such a
case, but can't find anything :(

I thought "heal" is for replicated glusterfs, but we're only using
distributed [1]. This is a production storage, so I'm very very careful
before I just try something ;)

I haven't even dared to stop/restart the glusterd, since I wanted to ask
here first.

Thanks again,
Pb