Disable rsync compression for georeplication

Using Gluster 3.4.2, we have a situation where georeplication is causing the CPU on the master to be hammered, while the bandwidth is having a holiday. I'd therefore like to disable the rsync compression for georeplication.

In a response to David F. Robinson asking the same question back in August, Vishwanath Bhat wrote:

> You can use "rsync-options" to specify any rsync options that you want to rsync to use. Just make sure that it does not conflict with the default rsync options used by geo-rep.
>
> For example,
>
> #gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVE> config rsync-options '--bwlimit=<value>'

Finding no way to negate the --compress option used in georeplication I thought that perhaps I could get part way there by simply winding down the compression level using "gluster volume geo-replication <MASTER> <SLAVE> config rsync-options '--compress-level=0' " (Yes, I did use real entries for <MASTER> and <SLAVE>.)

The return from that command was "unrecognized option --compress-level=0". I tried a few other numbers and got the same negative results.

Can someone please advise how to disable rsync compression for georeplication? Thanks.

regards,
John