Re: FailOver

On 10/23/2014 01:35 PM, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
    On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Punit Dambiwal <hypunit@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:hypunit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hi,

        I have one question regarding the gluster failover...let me
        explain my current architecture,i am using Ovirt with gluster...

        1. One Ovirt Engine (Ovirt 3.4)
        2. 4 * Ovirt Node as well as Gluster storage node...with 12
        brick in one node...(Gluster Version 3.5)
        3. All 4 node in distributed replicated structure with replica
        level =2...
        4. I have one spare node with 12 brick for Failover purpose..

        Now there is two questions :-

        1. If any of brick failed...how i can failover this brick...how
        to remove the failed brick and replace with another brick....??
        Do i need to replace the whole node or i can replace the single
        brick ??

Failure of a single brick can be addressed by performing "replace-brick commit force" to replace the failed brick with a new brick and then trigger self-heal to rebuild data on the replace brick.

        2. If one of the whole node with 12 brick down and can not come
        up...how i can replace it with the new one....do i need to add
        two node to main the replication level... ??

You can add a replacement node to the cluster and use "replace-brick commit force" to adjust the volume topology. Self-healing will rebuild data on the new node. You might want to replace one/few bricks at a time to ensure that your servers do not get bogged down by self-healing.

-Vijay