Re: [Gluster-devel] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

On 10/23/2014 03:33 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
I'm trying to build on my shiny new Yosemite machine...  `brew install
osxfuse` tells me:

   osxfuse: OS X Mavericks or older is required for this package
   OS X Yosemit introduced a strict unsigned kext ban which breaks this
package.
   You should remove this packager from you system and attemnpt to find
upstream binaries to use instead.
   Error: An unsatisfied required failed this build.

No error messages for me,
~~~~

But i did a 'brew update' just to be sure and now i see your messages.
Looks like the best way to get around this is to install from -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxfuse/files/osxfuse-2.7.2/osxfuse-2.7.2.dmg/download

That way you get signed binaries and avoid this message.

That appears to have given me the signed kext, but the osxfuse headers and shared libs still aren't installed. I.e. there's no /usr/local/Cellar/osxfuse/..., like all the other brew packages.

Trying to install osxfuse now says "osxfuse is already installed from the binary distrubtion and conflicts with the formula", and then continues to give the same error as before.

I have done a `brew fetch osxfuse` and I've got /Library/Caches/Homebrew/osxfuse-2.7.2.yosemite.bottle.tar.gz.

??? Seems like I could just untar that in /usr/local/Cellar. Seem reasonable?

--

Kaleb