Re: RDMA connectivity not available with GlusterFS 3.5.2

On 10/08/2014 11:54 AM, Geoffrey Letessier wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thanks to spend some times to help me to fix my issues.

Previously, some weeks ago, i’ve already installed a GlusterFS patched version (http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/nightly/glusterfs-3.5/epel-6-x86_64/glusterfs-3.5.20140922.da1657d-1.autobuild/ ) to fix quota daemon (and libc) issues thanks to Krutika Dhananjay.

Do this patched version you offer me is compatible with the previously said one? If yes, is it possible to get RPM packages?

   I hope it will be compatible with the quota patch. But we need to figure out the availability of rpm packages for 3.5,  hopefully i can let you know the availability of  RPM packages within 1 day.

Currently we have around 42TB used disk space (per replica); so is there any risk to apply this patched version on a production environment?

    Currently rdma is a tech preview , which is aimed to release in next versions. Once you applied the patch, all the communication will go through rdma instead of tcp. I hope there will not be any major risks.

In addition, concerning my global IO performances, do you feel my settings as optimal?

   I'm not sure about IO performance and settings of your volume, perhaps some one from this group can help you about that.

Rafi KC

Thanks in advance,
Geoffrey