Re: server X:Y has not responded in the last 42 seconds, disconnecting

On 09/10/2014 08:35 PM, Jocelyn Hotte wrote:

Hello Gluster Community,

We’re running Gluster v3.4.2, and we are experiencing problems with our current setup. We have a strong negative impact once in a while, and it is always joined with the following line in the mount logs:

server X:Y has not responded in the last 42 seconds, disconnecting

This happens when the bricks are not responding to the mount. Generally happens when there is increased load on the brick processes. Does /var/log/messages say anything? How does the cpu look when this happens?

Pranith

We have 6 nodes, all in 10gbps on a 10gbps switch.

What are the main causes of this problem?

Could it be the network load that prevents connection?

Is there a known bug?

Is there a use case that can lead up to this?

For us, this problem seems to happen randomly for now

Thank you

Jocelyn Hotte