Question about file copy through libgfapi

Hello,

I am currently using GlusterFS version 3.5 with two bricks. What I currently do is mounting the whole storage in some Linux clients (RedHat) through fuse.glusterfs that (I think) uses NFS in the background.
What I would like to do is copying a file from a directory to another one in the storage in the quickest way. Using a "cp file1 file2" from my RedHat client is not the best option because the data flows from the storage to my RedHat client through the network and then back to the storage. I would like instead to avoid this waste of time and copy the file directly from the 1st directory to the 2nd one. So, in a nutshell, I would like to have file1 -> file2  , instead of file1 -> RedHatclient -> file2
Do you think is it possible, for example using libgfapi? Any example to show me?
Thank you in advance and best regards,

Giacomo Fazio
IT Engineer

Tel. +41 91 910 7690
E-mail: giacomo.fazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  Web: www.wcpmediaservices.com

Europe Office: Via Zurigo 35, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland
USA Office: 7083 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90028