mysql on gluster storage

Hi, I'm seeing some strange errors running mysql on gluster:

I'm sharing Gluster volumes from a storage server to a virtual machine running on the storage server. The VM runs mysql. I have mounted /var/lib/mysql via glusterfs. /var/lib/mysql is mounted before mysql starts, and unmounted after it has ended (did that manually to be sure).

Starting up the VM (from the first reboot after installation on), I get for every database:

140819 7:24:29 InnoDB: Error: table `test`.`test_cache` does not exist in the InnoDB internal
InnoDB: data dictionary though MySQL is trying to drop it.
InnoDB: Have you copied the .frm file of the table to the
InnoDB: MySQL database directory from another database?
InnoDB: You can look for further help from
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html

I can then feed my database backup into mysql, and everything is running fine until I reboot.

My guess is that some files are not written properly, some buffers are not flushed properly, ... before reboot, even when manually unmounting after manually stopping mysql.

Would I need to do a manual flush or something before unmounting/rebooting?

Technical details: Storage server an VM both run Ubuntu 12.04. glusterfs 3.4.2 installed from ppa:semiosis/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4.

The resource was created on the storage server with

gluster volume create mysql transport tcp machine:/mnt/raid/mysql

Chris