Re: Does Gluster Support "Dynamic Configuration of Stripe count" ?

Yes we have files whose sizes sometimes exceeds brick size .
This case also hits when we have partially filled bricks and then we want to create a single file using the space available in all the bricks, even though that file size is lesser than a bricksize.

Example:

Say we have three bricks of 10 MB each.
Each brick is filled with one 5.1 MB file each, initially.
Now the left over space is 4.9 MB in each brick. So total space is 4.9 MB * 3 = 14.7 MB. We cannot now create a file of atleast 5 MB.

Thanks
Subrata