Re: Cannot rename files with root squashing and r-x folder group permissions

On Monday 14 July 2014 09:10 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
CCed Raghavendra Bhat who may know about the issue

Pranith
On 07/14/2014 08:01 PM, Joe Julian wrote:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS

Please file a bug report.

On July 14, 2014 12:38:11 AM PDT, David Raffelt <d.raffelt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
After a recent update to gluster 3.5 we are having some issues renaming files when root squashing is enabled and the folder group permissions are not set to write.

For example if I create a folder with the following permissions
$ mkdir test
$ chmod g-w test
$ ls -l
drwxr-xr-x  2 dave dave  22 Jul 14 17:16 test

When I create a file within this folder, and try to rename it I get a file permissions error.

$ cd test
$ touch asdf
$ mv asdf asdf2
mv: cannot move ‘asdf’ to ‘asdf2’: Permission denied

A strace on the mv command reveals the rename system call fails with:
rename("asdf", "asdf2") = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

However I can copy the file and delete the old one fine.

If I either disable gluster root squashing, or change the test_dir folder group permission to write then I can rename the file without any problems.

System details are:
Arch linux
System umask is set to 002
Distributed volume, 3 peers, 1 brick per peer.

Any help is much appreciated!
Dave

Hi Dave,

Can you please provide the brick and client log files? Which client you were using? fuse or nfs?

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat