Re: Gluster vs NFS export sync

On 07/11/2014 06:10 AM, Franco Broi wrote:
Hi

Is there any way to make Gluster emulate the behaviour of a NFS
filesystem exported with the sync option? By that I mean is it possible
to write a file from one client and guarantee that the data will be
instantly available on close to all other clients?

I think FUSE also supports the sync option with mount similar to NFS.

Man page snippet for fuse(8):
OPTIONS
Most of the generic mount options described in mount are supported (ro, rw, suid, nosuid, dev, nodev, exec, noexec, atime, noatime, sync, async, dirsync). Filesystems are mounted with nodev,nosuid by default, which can only be overridden by a privileged user.

Thanks,
Santosh

Cheers,