Re: Glusterfs Help needed

On Tuesday 24 June 2014 04:45 PM, Chandrahasa S wrote:
Dear All,

I am building Glusterfs on shared storage.

I got Disk array with 2 SAS controller, one controller connected to node A and other Node B.

Can I create Glusterfs between these two node ( A & B) without replication, but data should be read / write on both node ( for better performance). In case of node A fail data should be accessed from node B.

Hi Chandrahasa,

I think only Erasure Coding feature (which is not *yet* merged but under review) can provide Failure Tolerance without using Replication.

- Varun Shastry

Please suggest.

Regards,
Chandrahasa S
Tata Consultancy Services
Data Center- ( Non STPI)
2nd Pokharan Road,
Subash Nagar ,
Mumbai - 400601,Maharashtra
India
Ph:- +91 22 677-81825
Buzz:- 4221825
Mailto: chandrahasa.s@xxxxxxx
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting