Auto Update did not restart services

My systems are set to automatically install updates. Since I installed Gluster from the repos this means I went from 3.5 to 3.5.1 automatically.  The problem is this: the installer did not stop or restart the service so when I checked the status via /sbin/service on RHEL6 it said it was dead. A simple service restart fixed this but, until I found the problem, it was off line.  Is this a bug or do I need to disable the repo and manually check for updates to Gluster or what? Thanks!

--
Gene Liverman
Systems Administrator

ITS: Making Technology Work for You!

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return mail, delete this message, and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal or actionable by law.