Re: missing iniparser package for gluster.org samba packages

On 06/01/2014 12:04 PM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
Hi,

I have a home lab with a server running CentOS 6.5 64-bit, GlusterFS
3.5 from the gluster.org EPEL6 repo, and SAMBA winbind & smbd from
CentOS.

I would like to upgrade SAMBA via the gluster.org samba repo so that I
can use the GlusterFS Samba vfs plugin. However, when I try to do so,
yum errors you because it cannot find the library:
libiniparser.so.0()(64bit)

It looks like the iniparser package was included with the gluster.org
samba 4.1.3-3 packages, but it is now missing from the current 4.1.6-1
packages:

4.1.3-3:
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/samba/EPEL.repo/old/4.1.3-3/epel-6/x86_64/

current (4.1.6-1):
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/samba/EPEL.repo/epel-6/x86_64/

I appear to be able to workaround this problem by adding both the
current repo, and the 4..1.3-3 repo. This way, samba 4.1.6-1 will be
installed, and so will iniparser. Should I do this?

Yes, you could use both repos, however undesirable that might be.

Or you could have simply downloaded the iniparser rpm from the old 4.1.3-1 repo and done a `yum localinstall ...` of it.

Or you could install the current 4.1.9 build which no longer requires the iniparser rpm.

And finally, fwiw, I've copied the iniparser rpm into the 4.1.6-1 repo and regenerated the repo metadata.

--

Kaleb