Replace dead nodes/bricks

Hi

I've just started at a new company and I came across this problem. They have webservers peering using gluster 3.2.7.

The problem comes in where they upgraded the VM's to newer versions of Ubuntu. They didn't replace the bricks before decommissioning the other nodes. Only one node is actually still running so that is 1 brick that actually exists and is being replicated to the new hosts.

Now when one of the hosts is rebooted then gluster doesn't mount the volume because it's looking at the 3 dead peers and one that is still fine.

What I need to do is replace the old dead peers with the new ones so that the gluster volume will actually mount if a host is rebooted.

Kind Regards
Lyle

--
http://windohs.co.za - Technology blog