Cap on random write at 3,5 MB/s ?

Hi all,
I am currently working on my bachelor thesis, and using glusterfs between frontend servers that are connected to backend slow storage.

The frontend servers have a SSD cache and are iSCSI initiators to the slow backend storage(HDD RAID1+0).

We are using a xfs/bcache setup.

When testing performance on a gluster mounted folder from a clientserver, the performance shows 3,5 MB/S on my random write tests. This is the same result for every random write test i run.

Is this something that is limited by GlusterFS in itself? or should I turn my gaze at something else ?

Thanks in advance,
Kim Holmebakken