Re: permissions changed after reboot

Tom,

Take a look at this:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Documenting_the_undocumented

Storage/Posix

key = "storage.owner-uid"
key = "storage.owner-gid

By default its set to -1, so its owned/mounted by what the mount post is listed as.

Try setting the owner-gid to the users group.

On 05/09/14 08:28, Tom Young wrote:
Hi,

I have two gluster servers running a volume “home”, and a client server
where the volume home is mounted to /homegfs.  If I reboot one of the
gluster server nodes, and it comes all the way back up, I noticed that
the group ownership of the mount changed on the client side from
root.users to root.root.  Now the second server stays up, and I can
access the volume while server 1 is rebooting, but once gluster starts
on server 1, the volume group ownership changes, and access to the mount
is inaccessible to all but the root user and root group.  Permissions
stay the same.

Tom

John J. Hoffman, CISSP
Computer Engineer, AFRL/RCMI
AFRL DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC)
Air Force Research Laboratory
2435 Fifth Street
Area B, Bldg 676, Rm 205
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7802
john.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
jhoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(937) 904-5129

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.