Re: Scaling for repository purposes

Peter Milanese wrote:
Greeting-

 I'm relatively new to the Gluster community, and would like to investigate Gluster as a solution to augment our current storage systems. My use of Gluster has been limited to nitch use cases. Is there anybody in the Library/Digital Repository space that has implemented this for mass storage (multi-petabyte). I'd be interested in having a discussion via email if that's ok.

I attended a gluster meeting and there was someone who was into Digital Archiving and using gluster for that. The following is a copy of part of the email with slides from those talks. I think it was one of the last two but the others might be interesting too.

---

Presentations during the Gluster Community Seminar

The State of the Gluster Community
John Mark Walker, Gluster Community Leader, Red Hat

GlusterFS for SysAdmins
Niels de Vos, Senior Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat

Network PVR for real-time broadcast TV to 1 mln subscribers homes, powered by GlusterFS
Tycho Klitsee, Technical Consultant and Co-owner, Kratz Business Solutions

Gluster Forge Demos presentation 1
Fred van Zwieten, Technical Engineer, VX Company &

Gluster Forge Demos presentation 2
Marcel Hergaarden, Solution Architect Storage, Red Hat

---

Joop