GlusterFS mounted volume not accessible from Windows through samba

Hi

I am facing an issue with my GlusterFS setup. Here is the detailed description of the issue. I would appreciate any prompt help.

Requirement

Creating a replicated shared drive with GlusterFS and have it accessible in Windows ActiveDirectory with the UNC path.

PS: All our servers are windows and in a single domain. Only GlusterFS servers are linux.

What I've achieved so far

I have setup GlusterFS with:

  • Two gluster nodes (GlusterFS: ver 3.3.2 - OS: CentOS release 6.4)
  • A replicated volume (gvol1).
  • gvol1, mounted on both the nodes (say at /mnt/gvol1).

Working FINE till this point. Any file created in the mounted volume (on any node) is replicated to the volume (and the underlying brick) on both the nodes.

I have ALSO installed and configured SAMBA on both the nodes. Joined both the machines to our windows domain. This looks FINE too. I had success with these tests:

  • AD authentication - SUCCESS
  • Sharing a folder from linux through SAMBA. And accessing through windows machines. - SUCCESS

Problem

When I try to share the GlusterFS vol (mounted at /mnt/gvol1 on both the gluster nodes) through SAMBA. This is what happens:

  • VIEWING the shared gluster volume in windows through UNC path (i.e. 'gvol1shared' is visible in \gnode1) - SUCCESS
  • ACCESSING the shared gluster volume in windows through UNC (i.e. opening \gnode1\gvol1shared) - FAILED

I have tried various things but had no luck with this.

Note: I believe while testing GlusterFS couple of months ago, I did a work around for this issue. Instead of sharing the 'mounted volume' (i.e. /mnt/gvol1) through SAMBA, I shared the brick on one of the glusternodes (i.e. say /export/gluster/brick1). And I believe it worked. BUT Now when I write anything directly to the brick it doesn't replicate it to other bricks. So, I'm confused and doubt that it worked in first place. Or I need to change something to get this working too.

--
Thanks
Tariq