Re: Samba VFS Gluster plugin PPA for Ubuntu Trusty available

On 03/25/2014 03:05 AM, André Bauer wrote:
Am 24.03.2014 14:51, schrieb John Mark Walker:
Thanks! I'd be very interested in hearing feedback.
Hi,

in the meantime i got it working :-)

Gluster volume needs to have: volume set volname server.allow-insecure on

In /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol add "option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on".

my smb.conf looks like:
[Test]
         wide links = no
         writeable = yes
         path = /
         force user = fileserver
         force group = fileserver
         public = yes
	guest ok = yes
         create mode = 660
         directory mode = 770
	kernel share modes = No
	vfs objects = glusterfs
	glusterfs:loglevel = 10
	glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/glusterfs/glusterfs-test.log
	glusterfs:volume = test

What makes me wonder is, that there is no possibility to set a glusterfs
server. The log says it tries to access localhost:24007 what was not
working because glusterfs is not runing on the same machine as samba.

My solution is now to redirect localhost:24007 via xinetd to one of my
glusterfs nodes :-/

Does anybody know a better solution?

Is this even implemented? If not -> bugreport?

Yes, Gluster server and Samba server can be on different servers. Theoretically this should work. I think I have seen some mails/configuration from community around it. In my test set-up, I had kept gluster and Samba on same server and haven't tried gluster and Samba on different servers till now.

You might also want to consider collaborating with Semiosis on his PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~semiosis/+archive/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4

He's usually in the IRC channel (#gluster on freenode IRC network)

I know semiosis and his paa. Using it for Ubuntu Precise ;-)
You think he would allo me to upload to his ppa or should i just ask to
add samba?

-JM