Re: Very slow ls

On 02/18/2014 12:42 AM, Franco Broi wrote:

On 18 Feb 2014 00:13, Vijay Bellur <vbellur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > On 02/17/2014 07:00 AM, Franco Broi wrote:
 > >
 > > I mounted the filesystem with trace logging turned on and can see that
 > > after the last successful READDIRP there is a lot of other connections
 > > being made the clients repeatedly which takes minutes to complete.
 >
 > I did not observe anything specific which points to clients repeatedly
 > reconnecting. Can you point to the appropriate line numbers for this?
 >
 > Can you also please describe the directory structure being referred here?

I was tailing the log file while the readdir script was running and
could see respective READDIRP calls for each readdir, after the last
call all the rest of the stuff in the log file was returning nothing but
took minutes to complete. This particular example was a directory
containing a number of directories, one for each of the READDIRP calls
in the log file.

One possible tuning that can possibly help:

volume set <volname> cluster.readdir-optimize on

Let us know if there is any improvement after enabling this option.

Thanks,
Vijay