Re: gluster on VM and RDBMS

-I think you will run into the fact that tables are blocks on disk.  I have no idea how gluster would handle a table bigger than a brick? Probably it means all your reads will be non-local unless you happen to be on the server that has the brick for the file.

-But then again, with a clever slave configuration, maybe there is a way to leverage gluster for durability as well as the local file system for other tasks?