Re: Atomic file updates

hola jeff:  im not sure wether your volfile command is complimentary, or alternative , to my simple and easy "mount with entry-timeout=0" option.

tom : Im not sure , lets wait for jeff, he's the hardcore gluster consistency expert.

im just a user :)

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Tom Munro Glass <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/13/2014 10:24 AM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> For vanilla apps that are doing stuff in gluster, you normally do it
> through a fuse mount.
>
> mount -t glusterfs localhost:HadoopVol /mnt/glusterfs
>
> But in your case, you might want to do some strict consistency settings to
> make it atomic:
>
> mount -t glusterfs localhost:HadoopVol -o
> entry-timeout=0,attribute-timeout=0/mnt/glusterfs
>
> This will make sure that everything is refreshed when you look up files.
> This strategy has solved our eventual consistency requirements for the
> hadoop plugin.

Are you saying that with these mount options I can just write files
directly without using flock or renaming a temporary file, and that
other processes trying to read the file will always see a complete and
consistent view of the file?

Tom

--
Jay Vyas