Re: repair a brick which had filesystem wiped

On 01/19/2014 12:13 PM, William Kwan wrote:
Hi,

Gluster 3.4.2 on CentOS 6.5

I have a volume with 2 replica on two systems.  The filesystem where a
brick was created on system 2 was corrupted.  Hardware issue was
resolved.  The filesystem is recreated and mounted at the same mount
point.   But I can't get the volume replicated.  I'm missing some steps?

# gluster volume status kvm1
Status of volume: kvm1
Gluster process                        Port    Online    Pid
Brick uathost1:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick1/brick    49152    Y    22548
Brick uathost2:/data/glusterfs/kvm1/brick1/brick    N/A    N    N/A

This means that the glusterfsd process for this brick is offline. Can you please check the log files of this brick to determine why it failed? It could be related to missing extended attribute "trusted.glusterfs.volume-id" on the brick directory. If that is the case you can copy the same extended attribute from the other brick directory.

Once both bricks are online, self-heal would kick in to rebuild data on the replaced brick.

-Vijay