GlusterFS share authentication?

Hello,

In my test-setup of glusterfs I realized that I can mount it from any
client that knows that the share exists. I've read that glusterfs
supports limiting access to a list of allowed IPs.

In our case, the gluster storage will be accessed over the LAN. Users
could easily spoof an "authorized" IP if they wanted to, which would
give them read/write access on the gluster share...

Is there any user/password based form of authentication or certificates?

Thanks in advance,
Peter B.