From: "Bernhard Glomm" <bernhard.glomm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pkarampu@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02:54 AM
Subject: Re: gluster and kvm livemigration

btw:

The VM are configured to use cache=writethrough
since cache=none doesn't work (can't install the machine
because of i/o errors when I try to use the disk)
can't start an installed machine with cache=none
with cache=writethrough and cache=writeback
the machines starts and runs, but lifemigration
shows both time the same issue that
the disk will become readonline on successful migration
remount, reboot failed
only a shutdown and a restart works.

TIA

Bernhard

I experienced a strange behavior of glusterfs during livemigration
of a qemu-kvm guest
using a 10GB file on a mirrored gluster 3.4.2 volume
(both on ubuntu 13.04)
I run
virsh migrate --verbose --live --unsafe --p2p --domain atom01 --desturi
qemu+ssh://<target_ip>/system
and the migration works,
the running machine is pingable and keeps sending pings.
nevertheless, when I let the machine touch a file during migration
it stops, complaining that it's filesystem is read only (from that moment
that
migration finished)
A reboot from inside the machine failes,
machine goes down and comes up with an error
unable to write to sector xxxxxx on hd0
(than falling into the initrd).
virsh destroy VM && virsh start VM
leads to a perfect running VM again,
no matter on which of the two hosts I start the machine
anybody better experience with livemigration?
any hint on a procedure how to debug that?