Re: Gluster NFS high-availibility

On 01/09/2014 10:17 PM, Jia-Hao Chen wrote:
Hi,

I am doing a preliminary test of using Gluster NFS to replace our old
NFS server. I created a replicate volume with 2 bricks and setup up CTDB
to manage IP takeover.

My test is very simple. Copy a large file to the nfs mount, and unplug
power cord while the file is copying. After couples of seconds, the
survival node take over IP address successfully and nfs client
established a new connection to it. Everything seems to be fine. But the
copy didn't continue due to an inode lock still granted to someone.
After around 15~20 minutes, the lock was gone and copy continues.

But after copy finished, the checksum of the file is wrong. I repeatedly
test this case several times but the result are the same. Have anyone
known how to setup a high-availability Gluster NFS server correctly? or
can give me some hint about it?

This does not look right and I was unable to recreate the problem with simple tests in my setup. Can you please file a bug with more description at:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS

Having a bug will help in tracking the issue better.

Thanks,
Vijay