Re: gfapi from non-root

On 12/19/2013 02:19 AM, Kelly Burkhart wrote:
OK, I believe I solved it by doing this by 1. setting the volume
property allow-insecure with the following command:

gluster volume set gv0 server.allow-insecure on

and 2. editing the /usr/local/etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol file and adding
the following line between 'volume-management' and 'end-volume':

     option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on

Is there some mechanism for setting glusterd.vol options without
manually editing a file on each host in the cluster?
If I add a new host to the cluster at a later point, will it slurp the
glusterd.vol file from one of the already established hosts?  Or do I
have to manage keeping this file identical on every host?

Currently, there is no good mechanism to edit options of glusterd.vol in all nodes of the cluster. It has to be done manually on each host in the cluster.

This is probably a good candidate for an enhancement request.

Regards,
Vijay