Re: Ubuntu GlusterFS in Production

On 05.12.2013 19:07, Josh Boon wrote:
We're using it in production too. We're on KVM 1.6, gluster 3.4.1
running on Ubuntu 13.04.  No problems but do be aware that you'll want
fast links if you actually want to saturate your disk bandwidth. We've
bonded 10gbps links and we still saturate those before we fully
utilize our IO. I've not tested NFS specifically but performance is
something you're looking for I'd strongly suggest gfapi which gets us
near 400MBps writes in a replica 2 config across the above mentioned
interfaces.  You'll have to do some work on the KVM sources for gfapi
though as it's not even made it into the debian unstable packages.

Not really, RHEL/CENTOS 6.5 has KVM which can use gfapi.
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.5_Release_Notes/index.html#sect-kvm

Nux!
www.nux.ro