glusterfs performance issues

Cassandra does this interestingly enough and is more baked than the suggestions posed thus far. As it is an eventual consistency database it needs to pull the freshest ID of a record, similar to a file. That ID is based on a timestamp and a server hash (potentially more things). It might be worth looking in to if this is not fully baked. I have not seen the issues Stephen has been mentioning though. I've been running in production on 3.3 without incident.